SIXTH FORM APPLICATIONS
The School has a Sixth Form capacity of approximately 300 students. The number intended to admit externally into Lower Sixth each year, in addition to our internal candidates, is up to 50 students. Admissions into the International Sixth Form at the Anglo European School are either made through internal application from existing students or by external students using the Sixth Form application form. This is available from the school or on our website. Admission requires the meeting of our matriculation requirements, details of which are on our website, alongside evidence of engagement with internationalism and potential for success in the courses chosen across the four different routes offered. Students with overseas qualifications are welcomed and assessed individually.
Where the Sixth Form is oversubscribed the following criteria will be applied:
· ‘Children Looked After’ or a child who was previously looked after but then immediately became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order will be admitted over and above any other child in accordance with the School Admissions Code 2012. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (as defined in Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989).
· students who have attended the Anglo European School in Year 11
· students who have a sibling in the school who can reasonably be expected to be attending the school at the time the applicant takes up their place
· students from overseas (including those with refugee status) who are relocating to the UK and who are intending to study the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP) or the IB Career Programme (IBCP)
· students educated elsewhere in the UK and who wish to study the IBDP or the IBCP
· students who have previously applied for the school for entry into Years 7-11 but were unsuccessful and who live in the published catchment area
· students from other schools in the UK or from overseas who are intending to study A Levels or other courses subject to the published matriculation requirements
WAITING LISTS AND APPEALS
In addition to their right of appeal, unsuccessful candidates for Year 7 2017 will be placed on a waiting list for one term. After that, parents wishing to remain on the waiting list must write to the Headteachers expressing that wish. Mid-year and sixth form applications will also, in addition to their right of appeal, be held on a waiting list for the academic year 2017-18. If parents wish for their child to join or to remain on the waiting list for the following year after that date, they need to contact the school in writing to request this by the end of September 2018. Waiting lists will be maintained in order of the oversubscription criteria set out above and not in the order in which applications are received or added to the list. Information of the appeal process can be found in the admissions area of our website